Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Loving Home: My Bathroom

After my unexpected month away, I'm realizing how much I love being home. I love styling my place as much as styling my clothing and knitwear and my tiny apartment has become a place I love to be and miss when I'm away.

I recently styled up my bathroom with some things I love. I'm getting ready to clear the place out so some serious bathroom work can be done... water damage... so I thought I would share some pictures before I clear the room out.



Here is one of my favorite bathroom spots. A glass jar filled with extra candles... a makeshift jewelry box from a candle tray displaying my favorite pieces to wear from around the world... my bronze dancer statue my mom got me for Christmas years ago that I love... and I used an old glass bottle with a tree branch stuck in it to display my extra earrings. A fun and easy way to display some of my favorite things.



I filled some old picture frames with my favorite quotes and stuck them right by my sink under my mirror so I can be reminded of them daily. These quotes include...

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
-Bobby Kennedy

"Life's a bitch, you've got to go out and kick ass."
-Maya Angelou

"Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun."
-John Lennon



I got this shower curtain from Urban Outfitters years ago when I first moved into this place. It's a vocabulary curtain covered in words and definitions. I love learning... even now I'm listening to a "Stuff you should know" podcast and later I will watch a documentary while I stitch... it seems only fitting that I learn a new word each time I use my bathroom.

Ok... a brief tour of just one of the many reasons I love my apartment... I might include some other spaces later if I feel like it.

Happy Day. Happy Stitching.
-S

No comments: