Thursday, March 17, 2011

Loving Home: My Bedroom

I sit here in my cozy cozy bed in the bedroom that I love writing this blog post. Check out some of the many reasons I love this room so much!


I use the window above my headboard as a shelf. I have a painting I made back in high school, a warming gingerbread scented candle, a purple and white woven basket from Uganda, a wooden sculpture purchased in Ghana, and a stack of books and journals that I like to keep nearby.


A friend of mine made this tray for me to match my bedroom decor. It is perfect for holding steaming cups of tea in bed or yarn that will soon be stitched into something awesome. The beautiful scarf bellow is a treasure I purchased outside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.


I dressed up my cheap Ikea lamp by sticking a tree branch out the top and hanging a paper crane that my favorite dance professor made for me after I performed some of her choreography in a Performing Dance Company show. I have a simple canvas I bought from Urban Outfitters behind the lamp - the colors and pattern had me completely intrigued.


My tiny cozy bedroom with my amazing window view of the Salt Lake Valley, the Great Salt Lake, and the beautiful mountains! I love home!

No comments: