Saturday, December 24, 2011

Here we come a WASSAILING!

The fam has a holiday tradition where we ALL must be there to pick out our tree. The last few years, with a couple of us living in different states, has made for a last minute Christmas Tree purchase. (Because I don't like to get a Christmas Tree BEFORE my birthday.)

So we just got our tree 2 days ago, and I tried to make some hot toddies for our tree trimming event. I combined THIS RECIPE, with THIS RECIPE, and THIS RECIPE and it was very tasty.



BUT THEN... I learned what wassail was...

I'm getting out the family slow cooker so we can try this tasty holiday treat...

Ingredients

2 quarts apple cider
2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
12 whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Directions

In a slow-cooker or a large pot over low heat, combine apple cider, orange juice and lemon juice. Season with cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer. If using a slow cooker, allow to simmer all day. Serve hot.

Recipe is from All Recipes.

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! <3 Happiest holiday to you and the ones you love!

No comments: