Monday, December 5, 2011

Knit Cape Experiment

I've been working hard on a knit cape that I'm really excited about. It's taking a few versions to get this one just the way I want (and a lot a lot a lot of knitting), but it'll be worth it in the end!

Version ONE...



Shoulders and neckline too big, buttonholes weird, and cable pattern too confusing!
Also... it started out with a hood that was a disaster, so I took it out and put a collar on it instead... but I still want a hood.

Version TWO...



Slightly better - this time shoulders are too small, buttonholes still a bit funky, hood is bit pointy... but progress has been made.

More awesome bulky yarn is in the mail headed my way... here's hoping Version THREE is the perfect one! Pattern coming soon!

1 comment:

Häkel-Jess said...

Oh I like it so much!
best wishes from Germany :-)