Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Stripes and cool stuff

Hi all.  So, it's been a while since I have been in this spot, but I'm running low on little crochet project ideas to include as a FREE DIY on this blog.  BUT I do have lots of ideas that are little alterations to a pattern you may have already purchased...  So I'm going to include these ideas in the EXTRAS page up top.

So first...  I love the clothing I am seeing  made from Peruvian and Mexican style colored blankets.  If I had a Mexican blanket on hand and was a better sewer I would make myself a jacket STAT.  But since I don't, I've incorporated the idea into a crochet piece, and you can too!

I've incorporated these colorful Mexican blanket stripes into the Boho Jacket Pattern, but you can add it to any pattern you have that is made from plane old single crochet stitches.  It's a great way to use up extra yarn you have sitting around... start playing with some stripes!  Hint:  have 2 rows as a minimum for each stripe, 1 row will look more like stitches than a stripe.  If you like that look, go for it, but it won't look as much like these Mexican blanket jackets.

Check out the images below to see how I incorporated this idea into a jacket.  And check the images below that for the jackets from Free People that inspired me for ideas on striping and colors.  Play with it, and have fun!







No comments: