Tuesday, December 6, 2011

101 Things I Learned in Africa

So... if you've been reading for a bit, you probably know that I've spent some time in Africa... and it was awesome! And now I'm really interested in pretty much everything Africa! I love the culture, the people, and am really interested in understanding more of the issues they face!

Every now and then I bust out a story from one of my trips and people are like, "Why didn't you tell me that before!?" And then I'm like, "Geeeez... there are so many stories I only thought of it just now!" (I know I sound ditzy in this paragraph.)

So I started a little blog about things I learned in Africa. I'm hoping there will be 101 to be exact since it's called 101 Things I Learned in Africa.

So if you've been reading this crafty blog and have been thinking, "This girl keeps talking about Africa - I want to hear more!" Now you can. If you've been reading this crafty blog and have been thinking, "This girl keeps talking about Africa, I just want to craft!" Then I'm sorry, and hopefully having a second blog that lets me talk about my adventures will keep this one more focused on the crafty goodness. (But seriously, Africa is a wicked awesome place, and you should want to hear more!)

Some of the lessons are stupid (but hopefully entertaining), and some of the lessons have changed my life.

OK... done blabbing. Read 101 Things I Learned in Africa if you're snowed in or something...


PS The story of how I ended up being carried through part of Lake Victoria will probably show up in there eventually.

No comments: